The breakfast is considered to be incomplete without properly toasted bread. In fact, a toaster is one of the most useful kitchen appliances on your countertop.
You can use the toasters for toasting bread, warming pastries, heating bagels, as well as a variety of other tasks.
Surprisingly, it’s a daily-used kitchen appliance, and no one pays attention to the toasters’ cleaning.
Maybe, you will be thinking, it’s a tough job, or perhaps you don’t have time for it.
But don’t worry, in this step-by-step guide, we will show you how to clean the toaster inside out, in an effective manner.
10 Steps for the Cleaning of the Toaster
- First thing first, unplug the toaster from the power socket and let it cool down for a few minutes on the countertop. Keep in mind that, if you put anything into the toaster except food (in this case, water or any other cleansing solution), while plugged-in, it can become a potential risk for you.
- Now, take the toaster closer to the sink, and pull out the crumb-tray from the toaster (usually found on the bottom of the toaster).
- After taking the crumb-tray outside, pull the toaster upside down, and shake it well. So, the bread pieces and debris are entirely removed from the inside.
- Make a cleansing solution by the use of a dishwasher, and warm-water.
- Afterwards, put the crumb-tray in the dish cleansing solution for about 30-minutes, so that all the remains of the bread get cleansed.
- Take a brush, clean the remaining pieces of bread, derbies etc. from the toaster slots. Do not use any liquid inside the toaster. Otherwise, you can electrocute yourself.
- Take the crumb-tray outside the dish cleansing solution, and make it dry with the help of a soft cloth.
- Now take another soft cloth, and make it damp and clean the toaster’s outer-side for a furnished look.
- After that, you have to leave the toaster as it is for about an hour. So, it gets dried up.
- Lastly, put back the tray inside the toaster, and you are good to go.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How Often Should You Clean a Toaster?
Well, it totally depends upon your usage. Generally, it is good to clean your toaster at least once a month. So, it stays in pristine condition.
Can You Wash the Inside of the Toaster?
We do not recommend putting liquid into the toaster, as it can cause a potential risk of electric shock. However, you can use a brush or a damped cloth for removing the dirt, and debris inside the toaster. In this way, you can easily remove the dirt, and debris inside the toaster, without hurting yourself.
How Do You Clean a Toaster for the First Time?
There is no secret recipe for cleaning your toaster for the very first time. You can follow our guide for effectively cleaning your toaster.
What is the Best Toaster in 2021?
There is a complete guide about best toaster 2021 here. You can check it out to get the best toaster for your needs.
Is it Normal for a New Toaster to Smell?
Like any other electronic appliance out there, it is completely normal for your toaster to leave a particular odour while using the first time. In fact, you will smell the first time plastic smell as well.
Do You Need to Clean a Toaster?
Toasters, just like every other appliance, tend to attract dirt and debris. Hence, it would help if you cleaned this dirt and debris to keep your toaster clean and fresh.
A lot of people think that cleaning a toaster is a daunting task, which is not true. Therefore, we have put together a complete step-by-step guide that you can follow to clean your toaster effectively and easily.
Make sure to follow all the steps to stay safe. Also, you can start a discussion below, if you have any other questions in mind.